Grace Welcomes All
Faith + Community + Service
All are welcome and invited to participate in the worship and life of the congregation. The people of Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church seek to grow in responsiveness to God's call to mission. We are called to be good stewards of our God-given gifts. Located in downtown Winchester, Grace has a long and rich history of being engaged in God's work locally and globally. We prayerfully seek to continue, and to expand, that mission-focus in the present and future.
Beliefs and values:
- in the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God.
- that the church is the people of God in Christ gathered around the Word and Sacraments, called and sent to bear witness to God’s work in the world.
- centering our lives on a gracious God through worship, fellowship, learning and service to others.
- the gifts of music and liturgy in worship.
- welcoming all. God is good, loving all human beings and creation, and acting on behalf of all. God calls us to love each other and all of our neighbors in word and action.
- providing opportunities and resources for children and youth to nurture their relationships with God, each other, their own value, giftedness, and place in the church.
- serving our local and global neighbors by responding to needs.
- holding dear our friendships with ecumenical and interfaith neighbors working in partnership together to create a culture in the community of respect and care.
- being good stewards of the gifts and resources God has given us to engage in the mission to which we are called.