June 15, 2021
Responding to the needs of the congregation and community during the COVID-19 pandemic has been challenging. We have intentionally used creativity and imagination to continue the mission of the church in very different ways even as we provided physical distancing for the sake of health and safety, out of love for our neighbor.
In addition to weekly digital worship and outdoor worship on our property in historic Mount Hebron Cemetery (weather permitting), we began offering indoor worship services on Sunday, May 23, 2021. Information regarding in-person worship:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 may not attend.
- Anyone who is at high risk is strongly encouraged to continue participating through live streamed digital worship.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated before attending.
- Services will be brief (30-40 minutes) and you are welcome to sing during worship!
- Limited attendance (100 indoor; 100 outdoor); link to sign up is below.
- Safety precautions will be in place, including cleaning between services.
- Masks are required to be worn indoors throughout the service. If you do not bring a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Masks are recommended to be worn outdoors for those who have not been fully vaccinated.
- Physical distancing (beyond family “cohort” or “bubble”) will be required.
- Holy Communion is offered at all worship services. All are welcome to receive Holy Communion (currently, for health reasons, we are offering pre-packaged packets of bread and wine, served by the pastors). Those who worship digitally through live streaming, may pick up Holy Communion from the pastors after the services (time to be announced through emails). Delivery will be provided for those who cannot pick up.
- Worship will be no-touch – no passing of the peace, hugging or hand shaking.
- You may download the bulletin each week or use the QR Code provided at the service to use the bulletin on your devices. Some paper bulletins will be available for those who do not have access to technology (given by an usher who is masked and gloved).
We will remain flexible as the COVID-19 situation changes, and in case of weather for outdoor worship. Please check the website or email for any announcements regarding changes to the worship services.
Digital worship: The 9:30 AM worship service will be live streamed to the website each Sunday.
Outdoor worship: One outdoor worship service will be offered at 8:00 AM (weather permitting), and limited to 100 people. Participants are invited to bring a chair if they want to sit. Please park outside the cemetery grounds and walk in unless physically unable to do so.
Indoor Worship: Two Indoor worship services will be offered on Sundays at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM, limited to 100 people each. We encourage you to sign up each week for worship!
The link for sign up is below.
God is present with us however we gather, in-person in the church building or outdoor, or through digital means in our own homes. Whether you are new to Grace or have been around for a while, we look forward to worshiping with you.
Your Partners in the Gospel,
Pastor Martha Miller Sims Pastor Jonathan M. Boynton